Mar 8, 2010

Down To The Frame


There is no power at the storage unit to grind the rivets off so I have to take it home to my garage. To make it more of a pain, I don't have a trailer yet so I have to transport the frame in the back of my shortbed Chevy. The side support brackets on the frame just barely fit into the bed width-wise. Simply stood inside inside the frame, bent down, picked it up and walked her partially in the bed. Then ducking out of the frame I gave her a push from behind to slide the rest of the way. Tied it down with straps, flagged it, and took the frame home to prep for grinding.

Finished removing the last of the bolted on parts such as gas tank, spare tire assembly, rear axle, and the last of the rear mechanical brakes. Battery box, exhaust hanger, and side step rail supports will need to be removed by grinding large steel rivets with an angle grinder.

For the past few weeks I've had a visitor, 'Petey', living in my spare parts pile. He hangs out while I hammer and work. The most chill rabbit I've ever seen. He naps while I work. Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment